Arnold Strongman Preview – It is no secret that the Arnold has tons of events but not many are as heralded as the strongmen. These larger than life competitors seem to always steal the show away from the mundane and overall boring bodybuilding, this is an opinion solely held by myself. This is a tradition of the Arnold festival, bringing in the strongest men in the world to compete and lift against one another for the title.
This year’s field will consist of 10 men hailing from 7 different countries to compete for the title of the strongest man at the Arnold. This is no weak field of competitor, just to be invited to the event means that a contestant had to either win a contest to earn a spot in the event or be in the top two positions in points to be asked to attend.
Some of the strongmen favorites to win this year’s event according to the Arnold website are as follows:
- Hafthor Bjornsson (Iceland) Two-time defending Arnold Classic Strongman Champion.
- Martins Licis (USA via Latvia) 2019 World’s Strongest Man
- Rob Kearney (USA) Won 2019 Arnold Australia Contest
- Olexii Novikov (Ukraine) Won Two Arnold contest in 2019
- Jean-Francois Caron (Canada) Won 2019 Ohio Fort Warwicks contest
- Mikhail Shivlyakov (Russia) 4th place finish at the Arnold Europe 2019
- Matjaz Belsak (Slovenia) Won the season point title out of athletes that didn’t win a contest.
- Bobby Thompson (USA) 2019 Arnold Amateur World Champion.
The lineup is pretty impressive this year and the athlete are hailing from all over the world. These contestants will face off in 6 major events that will test everything they know about strength.
- Trial by Stone
- Bag Over Bar
- Wheel of Pain
- The Rogue Elephant Bar Deadlift
- Frame Carry
- Cyr Strategic Dumbbell Challenge
It will be an interest event to see and is always sure to be a crowd favorite. It is anybody’s guess at who will win but as most people know the Mountain is the crowd favorite right now.
For more News from BodyBuild3r please click here.
For more on the Arnold Classic please click here.