This is a take on the classis Cajun shrimp boil enjoyed throughout the southeast. Traditionally this dish would be made in a rolling pot of seasoned liquid and served over a large paper covered picnic table. We took this concept and shrunk in down and cleaned it up for an indoor application. Makes 4 generous servings. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 14oz andouille sausage
- 1lb Large (31-35) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 med zucchini
- 2 med squash
- ½ Bunch asparagus spears (chopped into 1/3rd )
- 2 Bell peppers (Red or orange) rough chopped
- 2 TBS of Cajun seasoning (Weber Cajun was used)
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- S&P to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425f
- Chop and sliced all of your veg and meats as directed above
- Combine sausage, shrimp, vegetables, oil, and seasoning in your largest mixing bowl (2 if necessary)
- Stir to thoroughly coat all the ingredients
- Spread on to a baking sheet so that it’s in a single layer
- Bake 18-22 minutes (Stirring at about 10 mins) or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve over rice or as a low carb stand alone meal.
Nutrition: (approximates and without sides)
- 440 Cal
- 35g Fat
- 15g Carbs
- 20g Protein