This traditional Brazilian dinner roll is made with tapioca flour and is light and chewy. Naturally gluten free is makes a great all around dinner bread. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 Large egg
- ⅓ C Olive Oil
- ⅔ C MIlk
- 1-½ C Tapioca Flour
- ½ C packed shredded cheese ( We used sharp cheddar)
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Lightly oil a mini muffin tin with olive oil
- In your blender carafe, add all of your ingredients and pulse until smooth. Occasionally you’ll need to scrape down the sides of the blender to get everything mixed.
- Distribute the batter evenly about ⅛ th inch from the top of the muffin tin.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes until they are puffed up and GBD. (Golden, brown & delicious)
- Pull from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes to help in removal. Serve Warm.
We found using an egg that had come up to room temperature helped the batter incorporate better. Another helpful tip is that using a standard muffin tin is not advised, so seek out a 24 cup mini muffin tin for best results. As far as the cheese component, the cheese is interchangeable. We used cheddar but you can experiment with different types to suit your taste.