Check My Label Helps Supp Companies: A pretty interesting company/resource has opened its consulting services to the supplement world, at least for those companies that want to retail and or manufacturer in the UK. With the ever changing and high consequence world of food, supplement law and compliance its essential to hit the mark with 100% accuracy and precision, or face fine, recalls, or potentially loss of an entire business.
Check My Label (Checkmylabel.co.uk) helps companies find clear and concise language and labelling for their products ensuring they meets the required standards. There are plenty of formulators and newly minted CEOs out there popping out supplements, but there are not necessarily as many qualified manufacturers that can produce and qualify products to 100% spec and maintain compliance. This is where Check My Label fits in the picture.
Services Check My Label offer are:
- Label Compliance
- Label Text Creation
- Formulation advice
- Health Claim Guidance
- Website Review
- Advertising Guidance
- Label Update Review
- General Consultancy
These service are based on guidelines from the regulatory indexes in the UK (listed below)
- Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 (Food Information to Consumers)
- Regulation (EC) No. 1924/2006 (Nutrition and Health Claims)
- Regulation (EU) 2015/2283 (Novel Foods)
- UK Food Labelling Regulations
- Guidance on Meal Replacements for Weight Control
- Safe Upper Levels for Vitamins and Minerals
- Food Allergen Labelling and Information
- Regulation (EU) No. 2018/1497 (Use of Food Additives)
- Criteria for the Use of Terms ‘Natural’ and ‘Organic’
- European Guidance on Beauty Claims
- MHRA’s Borderline Medicine Products
- Code of Advertising Practice (CAP Code)
So, if your company needs ironclad compliance in the Food and or Supplement Industry, and or help with label creation, formulations, etc.. in the UK, then Check My Label are the guys you want to talk to. Hopefully more companies with services that uplift and improve industry standards pop up in other countries as well.
The US is definitely still dealing with tons of companies that fall short on compliance and other countries like AUS are even more strict than the UK with guidelines in recent times. Overall, the more efficient the whole industry runs the betterquality products we will get and hopefully the less clamp down from regulatory officials on our favorite products show up as a overreaction to companies using fraudulent ingredients passed off as natural.